Basque finance and revenue department
Profile of contracting parties, made necessary the Public Contracts Act (30/2007), is the electronic platform for advertising bids for tenders and their results over the Internet. Any other information that public procurement powers consider necessary for the contracts is also included.
The Basque register of public sector contracts constitutes the official central information system on public procurement. As such, it forms the support for knowledge, analysis and research of public procurement, statistics in the area of public contracts, compliance with national and international requirements on information on public procurement and communication of contract information to other government bodies, in accordance with the principle of transparency.
The register will be the instrument used by the public authorities for review and continuous improvement of public procurement procedures and practices, analysis of the quality, reliability and efficiency of providers, and supervision of competition and transparency on public markets.
- Strict compliance with the Public Sector Procurement Act, especially in terms of proving the initiation of public dissemination of the information on public requests for tenders.
- Transparency towards companies
- Publication of the maximum possible contents permitted by the Public Sector Procurement Act.
- Simplification of access to information, comparison of versions, traceability.
- Access to tools for all Basque contracting powers in order to avoid duplication of expense.
- Providing companies access to public procurement from a single portal.